Free Visa entry & VOA - Visa on Arrival:
Depending on your passport there are three options to enter Indonesia that apply to most travelers that come for tourist or social purpose only:
Arriving at Bali Airport International
Once you landed at the international terminal, this is how you get through the airport:
- It's not a bad idea to move reasonably quick towards the arrival hall and maybe go to toilet after the immigration check. This will avoid you being last in the queue - which can be quite long
- Keep your passports ready (6 months valid, enough space for the sticker)
- Fill in Tax Card ready (stewardess will give them to you or pick one up in the arrival hall)
- If you do not need VoA or if you have already obtained a visa abroad you can queue directly at the immigration counters
- Pay for Visa on Arrival (VoA) counter and pay US$35
- At Immigration counters line up according to the appropriate signs (Internat. passports, Indonesian etc). It is always advisable to stay calm and polite. Service improved in 2015 and waiting time has decreased significantly.
- No more Fast Track Service available! The Head of the Bali Regional Office of the ministry of “Justice and Human Rights”, I Gusti Kompiang Adnyana, made a strong statement end of Nov 2014, that there will be no more immigration officers who will take extra money (bribery) to help foreigners jump the queue.
- When you have passed through immigration go towards the conveyor belt (check the number on TV screens according to your flight number
- Grab a trolley and collect your luggage. There are porters around that can assist you. They will get your luggage, escort you to your car, taxi or pick up service and help you load the vehicle
- Go through customs towards the exit sign and give them the tax card. You will only need ONE for PER family. Make sure you do not bring more then $10,000 CASH and of course...no drugs. You could end up enjoying an all-inclusive holiday in Bali's Kerobokan prison for a very long time
- You will have to put all your luggage and hand luggage through a scanner
- If the officers don't pick you for a luggage check you can exit the airport
- There are official money changers (rates are OK) just when you get out, and an ATM machine. You might need some Indonesian Rupiahs to pay the taxi. Best to get it right here
- You will see MANY drivers and hotel staff holding up name signs as they wait and page for the guests who booked a airport pick-up to be dropped to numerous hotels and villas.
- If you have arranged a pick up and you can't find your name, don't give up. The driver might just be sitting on the floor checking his sms or playing a game
- If you have not yet arranged a pick-up, no problems, walk towards the&n TAXI SERVICE counter
Please check the country lists below, to see what visa regulations for Bali Indonesia applies to you.
Note: Passengers from cruise ships arriving in Benoa, need to be aware that the immigration office at the harbour has no visa free facility. This means you still will need to apply for a Visa on Arrival.